How to Prepare Fermented Rice Water?
- Rinse a cup of rice to get rid of any dirt.
- After rinsing the rice cover it with enough water and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes stir the rice a few times or till the water becomes sort of cloudy.
- Strain the rice water into a bowl, cover it with a lid and leave it at room temperature for a day or two or until it starts smelling slightly sour and starts to ferment.
- After 2 days when the rice water ferments keep it in the refrigerator for 1 hour to stop the fermentation process.
- You can add a few drops of essential oil like rosemary or lavender essential oil if you feel like.
- Use the fermented rice water to as an alternative to shampoo.
For example if you cook rice two to three times a week, you should be able to connect enough liquid for two to three hair washes .