Skin Icing or Ice Cube facial has become a popular morning and evening ritual for better looking skin. Beauty experts have used this therapy in spas and in beauty treatments because of its wide range of benefits.Korean women have been known to be using skin icing as a regular technique in their skin care treatments.
Ice massages have been used since ancient times to give the rich and noble ladies fresh,elastic and youthful skin.Ice facial is a really simple task that helps cure a lot of skin problems by increasing the blood circulation.Ice facial can wonders on sunburns,puffy eyes,skin rashes and zits.
By simply massaging your cleansed face with ice cubes for two minutes before bed,you will be giving yourself a mini at home facial.Be sure to wrap the ice cube in a paper towel or in a cotton pad because applying them directly to your skin may cause delicate blood vessels or capillaries to break. For an added spa like experience try freezing your ice cubes with watermelon, lemon, cucumber or rose petals.
There are 2 ways to achieve the glowing effects of an ice cube facial.Firstly,you can either soak your face in a bowl full of water and ice cubes for 10-12 seconds for 2-3 times or you can simply wrap an ice cube in a wash cloth and gently massage the ice cube over your face for about 2-3 minutes.I prefer rubbing an ice cube all over my face and neck and I find it more convenient.
Using ice cubes is by far the quickest and the easiest way to minimize open pores, restore the skin to a fresh and dewy glow. Applying an ice cube to your face is an instant way to improve blood circulation and gives your face a healthy glow.It also prevents premature ageing and wrinkles.
How to do Ice Facial at Home?
- Firstly,cleanse your face thoroughly with a mild cleanser.
- Wrap a ice cube in a wash cloth and when the ice starts to melt a bit start massaging it on your face in circular motions for 2-3 minutes.
- Move the ice gently on the face and neck using circular motions. Do not press too hard and avoid being harsh on the skin as you can damage tiny capillaries under the skin.
- Do not pat your face dry after applying ice cubes.I would suggest you to let your face dry naturally,this way your skin will get maximum benefits out of this treatment.
- When your face dries up completely spray some alcohol free toner on your face and follow it up with a moisturizing cream.
There is hardly any women in the world who does not want to preserve her beauty for the longest time possible and I can assure you a simple ice cube can do real wonders to your skin.The ice cube therapy can help minimize pores and control the oil production.It also prevents premature ageing and the appearance of wrinkles.Regular use of ice cubes will give your face fresh and healthy glow so that you will look gorgeous even with no makeup on.
To accelerate the effectiveness of ice cubes for glowing and rejuvenated skin try herbal infusions .To reduce wrinkles and fine lines on your face try freezing green tea or black tea.Green tea contains plenty of antioxidants that can slow down the ageing process.A couple of drops of lemon added to your herbal infusions will help get rid of dark spots on your skin and make your skin glow.